piątek, 17 listopada 2017

Interview with Radu Sirbu

Radu Sirbu is a Moldovan singer and music producer, who was a member of the band O-Zone from 1998 to 2005. After their disbandment Radu started his solo career, released two albums and founded his own record label Rassada Music. This year he and his friends from O-Zone decided to reunite and performed a special concert in Chișinău. In the interview, Radu is talking about his O-Zone memories, solo career, his record label and plans for the future.


You became famous for being a member of pop music trio O-Zone, whose song "Dragostea Din Tei" became popular all over the world in 2004. How did you react to this sudden success and your song being played almost everywhere?

It was not a sudden success as people may think, it was the result of years of really hard work and sleepless nights in the studio. We were young but we had big dreams on our minds and we wanted to spread our music all over the world. So, one day, this happened... It was a blessing. 

In May 2017 in Chișinău, after twelve years of solo careers, Dan Balan, Arsenium and you performed together again as O-Zone. Whose idea was it to do a comeback? Was it a one-time reunion or do you plan more gigs in the future?

Yes, there was a reunion in May. We had to be booked like three different artists for one performance (O-Zone) because each one of us has a career and a really busy schedule, but we made it. Of course it was a huge pleasure to perform next to guys for our fans and for the people who were expecting this performance for so many years. It was craziness on social media :)

As about the future... I think we will have more opportunities to make our fans happy, it just have to be the right place and the right time.

After O-Zone's disbandment, you released two albums: "Alone" as a soloist and "Heartbeat" with your wife Ana. What is your process of writing lyrics like and how can you describe your inspirations and influences?

"Alone" and "Heartbeat" meant the beginning of my solo career. It was a long time ago... Actually, I am a singer, composer and a music producer and I am not really good at lyrics so I prefer to stay in my comfort zone and to be good as a producer. Ana is always responsible for the lyrics and it's really easy for me to work with her for my songs.


Apart from being a gifted musician, you are also a great businessman and music producer - you have your own record label Rassada Music. Can you tell us something more about the musicians you currently work with? Do you feel fulfilled in your job?

Yes, next to Rassada Music team we are working with many talented artist and we are always looking for gifted people in the music industry. We did songs that climbed the charts of the biggest radios in Romania, Russia or Moldova, becoming no. 1  and we are happy to be a part of this success.

I have an honour to work with artists all over the world, to compose and produce for artists like DJ Layla, Nico, Loredana Groza, Dee-Dee, Ray Horton, Leonid Rudenko, Viktoria Daineko, Lorina, Natalia Barbu, Dima Trofim, Sianna, Red Lyard, Malina Tanase and many others. I like to be on stage but I also love to be in the studio.

On your Facebook profile we can find an information that your hobbies besides music are photography and cinematography. How do you usually spend your free time when you are not in the studio? 

Usually when I'm not busy with music, I like to spend time with my family and my three kids. For me, not many things have value in life, but family must always have priority. We have many activities that we do together, but I think my favorites are related to sports, such as climbing trees, cycling, trotting, roller skates or fishing that is my favorite hobby since childhood.

As I have mentioned, you run a successful record label and you are now promoting your new song "I Believe In Love" with Malina Tanase. Could you reveal to us your plans for the foreseeable future? Can we expect you new solo album?

Malina Tanase is a new entry as an artist at Rassada Music label and we are happy to have her in our team. We have a beautiful collaboration with her for this new track "I Believe In Love" and I hope in the future we will hear more from this talented young lady.

As about me, I am already working on my album and I hope it will be ready till this spring, I still have to finish a few tracks and I will be very excited to share it with my fans.


If you want to learn more about Radu Sirbu and his music, please visit his official website:
https://www.facebook.com/RaduSirbuOfficial/

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz