środa, 19 lipca 2017

Interview with Chris Brochu

Chris Brochu is an American actor known for his roles in the movies "Lemonade Mouth" and "Soul Surfer" as well as the TV series "The Vampire Diaries". Six years ago he started his career as a singer - in 2015 he released an extended play "Life" and is now working on new singles, which will be released soon. In the interview, Chris is talking about the beginning of his career, musical inspirations and future plans.


Your acting career started in 2007, but your first really significant roles came four years later when you played in "Lemonade Mouth" and "Soul Surfer". When and how did you find out that you want to become an actor? 

I guess you can say I've always been an entertainer. I can't say that I always "wanted" to be an actor, but being an entertainer comes naturally. It allows me to express myself and my feelings in ways I wouldn't have been able to without these outlets. That being said, acting happened by coincidence. My brother, Doug, and sister Kate were both in an improv class and dropping them off and picking them up was a part of my weekly routine on my way to hockey practice. One day practice was cancelled and I got invited to join in on a class. I ended up having a great time and have been following this path for 11 years now.

In "Lemonade Mouth" you played a role of Ray Beech from Lemonade Mouth's rival band Mudslide Crush, who was a sort of a bad guy. Did you enjoy playing a role of a villain? 

I do enjoy playing the "villain". I feel I have an easier time playing a character that is a bit removed from my personal temperance. It allows me to explore and have a bit more fun/freedom in the moment. It also allows me to try and understand the "villian" and why they do what they do. I try and justify their actions in a way that makes them human not just a person making terrible decisions for no apparent reason.

When you "grew up" from being a Disney actor, you became Lucas Parker from "The Vampire Diaries", one of the most popular American TV series. Had you already been a fan of "The Vampire Diaries" before you became a part of this project? What is your favorite memory from set?

I had watched a few episodes of "The Vampire Diaries" but once I started auditioning for the show I decided to watch it regularly. I could see myself on the show and sure enough within the year I was. I would have to say my favorite part of my experience there was making good friends and gaining a lot of loving/supportive fans. They show so much love and are always encouraging me so I try my best to give it back when I meet any in person. My favorite memory from set would have to be the last day of shooting for my character Luke. It was quite the technical scene and I got to work with one of my favorite actors Chris Wood. Great people, great times and a really fun show.


Playing in "Lemonade Mouth" started your adventure with music, which you still continue - in 2015 you released your EP "Life" and this year you released a new single called "Hustle". Your songs can be labelled as acoustic pop rock. How can you describe your main musical influences in lyrics and sound?

It is hard to define but I would say that hip hop, reggae and singer songwriter artists always catch my ear. Hip hop has complex timing in the melody/lyrics and I gravitate to that type of rhythm. Reggae has that feel good "one love" vibe to it that taps into my personal feeling on life and humanity in general and I would say the heart of my music is the singer/songwriter in me. That's where the truth lies. I'm just trying to make sense of the world, using my lyrics and melodies to help myself and others navigate this crazy realm.

You spend a lot of time making music and acting, but I guess you manage to have some time to rest. What are your favorite ways of spending free time?

It ranges from doing absolutely nothing with my lady and/or family to going backpacking out into the wilderness for a couple days to clear my mind and get grounded. I'm either working at 100mph or 0mph haha.

I hope there are more new songs on the way and maybe a full-length album as well. There is also a movie with you called "Baja" coming next year. Can you tell us something more about your plans for the foreseeable future?

Of course! I'm working on a few new singles/music videos that will be released later this year that I'm very excited for people to hear. I'll also be screening "Baja" next month, which I'm looking forward to, and that should be out late this year/early next year. Stay tuned my friends!


If you want to learn more about Chris Brochu and his music, please visit his official website:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz