wtorek, 31 maja 2016

Interview with Alvaro Soler

Alvaro Soler is a singer from Barcelona whose song „El mismo sol” became Summer hit of 2015. His next songs „Agosto” and „Sofia” make me pretty sure that his career is just getting started and he is ready to hit the stage with another ones. In the special interview Alvaro is talking about being multicultural, his musical inspirations and his collaboration with Jennifer Lopez. Enjoy it!


You are a son of German father and Spanish mother and you have been living in Japan for seven years - it must have made you multilingual and multicultural. What characteristics do you share with the stereotypical German and the stereotypical Spaniard?

Yes that’s right! I actually feel more Spanish than German due to the fact that I have only been living in Berlin for 1 year now. I guess me loving and needing the sun to shine to feel good, makes me Spanish but I also love beer :)

You became popular after the release of your first song as a solo artist called "El mismo sol". What in your opinion made this song so famous - was it inspired by your personal story?

Yes it’s true. “El mismo sol” made me popular as an artist which of course changed my career completely. I guess people like songs that have a positive sound and help them get distracted from everyday problems. Happens to me all the time :) The song was inspired by the connection we humans have through music and how we all speak the same language!

There is also an English-language version of "El mismo sol" recorded with Jennifer Lopez called "Under the Same Sun". How do you remember your collaboration with the living pop music legend?

It was quite unbelievable working with J.Lo. She is an incredibly hard working woman who doesn’t take anything for granted. For me this was a big lesson on how to keep on fighting in this music industry.


On 26 June 2015 you released your debut album "Eterno agosto" with thirteen original songs mostly written by you. What is your favourite song from the album and why?

Well I actually write all of my songs so they always have a personal connection. I wouldn’t like singing a song I didn’t write because I wouldn’t feel I’m the right person to tell that story. My favorite song is probably "Esperándote". It just transports me to a incredible place and makes me feel good!

This year you visited Poland promoting your new recording. What do you think about your Polish fans - do they feel your music?

Yes! Poland is great! It’s actually the only country where “Agosto” was so successful! I am so grateful and I can’t wait to be back and share more music with my Polish fans! :)

After the huge success of your debut album, I hope there is a chance to hear another one very soon. Have you already started working on your second solo recording? What can we expect from you in the future?

On July 15th I will release a re-edition of “Eterno agosto” with three new songs including my new single “Sofia”. I am also planing a tour pretty soon!

¡Gracias por la entrevista y que tengas mucha suerte en tu vida artística!


Muchas gracias a ti y un abrazo enorme a todos mis fans de Polonia!! :)


If you want to follow the next musical steps of Alvaro Soler, please visit his official Facebook profile:

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz